Archive for September, 2009

Natural gas customers to get price break – Bureau County Republican

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009

Bureau County residents who heat their homes with natural gas will see lower natural gas prices this winter when the 2009-10 heating season begins. Ameren IP and Nicor Gas are the two utilities providing natural gas to the communities in Bureau …


Why Let Facts Get In The Way Of Your Political Opinion – KHSL

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009
Why Let Facts Get In The Way Of Your Political Opinion
KHSL
Last week I listened to a two hour discussion on restricting wood stove burning in Chico. One side was convinced that regulating their right to burn was a


Regional district wants smoky wood stoves out – Hope Standard

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009
Regional district wants smoky wood stoves out
Hope Standard
Old wood stoves are a significant source of wood-smoke emissions in the winter, and this year, the Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is offering a


Be careful when firing up the furnace – Kearney Hub

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009

KEARNEY – Nighttime temperatures are dipping below 40 degrees and homeowners are starting their furnaces, but fire officials say heaters should be cleaned and inspected first. “If it were me, I wouldn’t want surprises at 30 degrees below zero,” said …


Fire started in wood stove in the 200 block of Leona Avenue, police say – Kalamazoo Gazette – MLive.com

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009
Fire started in wood stove in the 200 block of Leona Avenue, police say
Kalamazoo Gazette – MLive.com
the news release said. The news release said “all indications are that the fire was accidentally started by a wood stove on the first floor.”
Wood stove causes house fire WOOD-TV
Wood Stove Likely Cause of House Fire WKZO (blog)
Early morning house fire in Kalamazoo WWMT
WKZO  – WOOD-TV  – Kalamazoo Gazette – MLive.com
all 10 news articles »


Fire started in wood stove in the 200 block of Leona Avenue … – Kalamazoo Gazette – MLive.com

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009
Fire started in wood stove in the 200 block of Leona Avenue
Kalamazoo Gazette – MLive.com
the news release said. The news release said “all indications are that the fire was accidentally started by a wood stove on the first floor.”
Wood Stove Likely Cause of House Fire WKZO (blog)
Wood stove causes house fire WOOD-TV
Early morning house fire in Kalamazoo WWMT

all 5 news articles »


Air quality advisory deserves a ‘yes’ vote – Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009
Air quality advisory deserves a ‘yes’ vote
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
Some opponents of borough involvement suggest this is the first step in banning wood stoves. In fact, the opposite is true. Some sort of wood stove ban,

and more »


100th anniversary – Daily Star

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009

Mary Little Chambers, a resident of Robynwood Assisted Living Program at 43 Walnut St. in Oneonta, celebrated her 100th birthday Sept. 20. She was born Sept. 20, 1909, on a farm on Cabin Hill in Andes. She was driven to school in a buggy or sleigh …


THROUGH BIFOCALS – Abbotsford News

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009

Thursday afternoon with only seven minutes before the start of Dr. Phil I rushed down to the basement to start the wood stove made environmentally friendly by an internal catalytic converter. It recycles the smoke until only moisture is left to …


Clean air credit | Tax incentives are offered for some wood and … – The Register-Guard

Wednesday, September 30th, 2009
Clean air credit | Tax incentives are offered for some wood and
The Register-Guard
“We’re really busy right now,” he said, adding that wood stove sales typically peak between August and November. But even with the tax credits,