Archive for October, 2011

Air officials issue fireplace-use ban – Fresno Business Journal

Monday, October 31st, 2011

News10.net
Air officials issue fireplace-use ban
Fresno Business Journal
The first fireplace and wood stove prohibition of the 2011-12 Check Before You Burn season has been issued for Kings and the Valley portion of Kern counties for Tuesday, Nov. 1. The daylong and mandatory curtailment because of poor air quality will be
Valley Air District Issues Season's 1st Fireplace-Use Ban KMPH Fox 26
Air Quality Burn Code Begins Tuesday KTVN
Valley reminded to think twice before throwing on a log Stockton Record

all 38 news articles »


Valley Air District Issues Season’s 1st Fireplace-Use Ban – KMPH Fox 26

Monday, October 31st, 2011

News10.net
Valley Air District Issues Season's 1st Fireplace-Use Ban
KMPH Fox 26
the Valley portion of Kern County will need to use extra blankets or electric heaters on Tuesday, November 1, because the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District has issued its first fireplace and wood stove prohibition ban of the season.
Valley reminded to think twice before throwing on a log Stockton Record

all 34 news articles »


Wood stove fire damages Kittery home – Seacoastonline.com

Monday, October 31st, 2011
Wood stove fire damages Kittery home
Seacoastonline.com
KITTERY, Maine — Fire from a wood stove spread into a wall then an attic Monday afternoon, causing smoke and property damage at a Maple Avenue residence. No one was injured. At about 4:30 pm, firefighters from Kittery and Kittery


A Tulikivi Fireplace: the Warm Heart of an Iraq War Vet’s Washington Log Home – EON: Enhanced Online News (press release)

Monday, October 31st, 2011
A Tulikivi Fireplace: the Warm Heart of an Iraq War Vet's Washington Log Home
EON: Enhanced Online News (press release)
And after renting a room above a coffee shop in the Middle East for a few days in the late-1990s, he knew that he needed a Tulikivi woodstove at the center of his dream home. “I finally saw a doctor who told me outright to 'move forward with my life'
A Tulikivi Fireplace: the Warm Heart of an Iraq War Vet's Washington Log Home MarketWatch (press release)

all 5 news articles »


A Tulikivi Fireplace: the Warm Heart of an Iraq War Vet’s Washington Log Home – MarketWatch (press release)

Monday, October 31st, 2011
A Tulikivi Fireplace: the Warm Heart of an Iraq War Vet's Washington Log Home
MarketWatch (press release)
And after renting a room above a coffee shop in the Middle East for a few days in the late-1990s, he knew that he needed a Tulikivi woodstove at the center of his dream home. "I didn't even know what kind of stove it was back then," he joked.

and more »


Investigators Believe Wood Stove Played Role In Fire – WMUR Manchester

Monday, October 31st, 2011
Investigators Believe Wood Stove Played Role In Fire
WMUR Manchester
Firefighters in Derry said they were called to a home Sunday evening on Redfield Circle. Investigators said it appears the fire was possibly started by a wood stove and chimney. No one was hurt. Tell Us More: E-mail WMUR your tips and story ideas.


Investigators Believe Wood Stove Played Role In Fire – WMUR Manchester

Monday, October 31st, 2011
Investigators Believe Wood Stove Played Role In Fire
WMUR Manchester
Firefighters in Derry said they were called to a home Sunday evening on Redfield Circle. Investigators said it appears the fire was possibly started by a wood stove and chimney. No one was hurt. Tell Us More: E-mail WMUR your tips and story ideas.


Blaze destroys Virgilina home Saturday morning – Gazette Virginian

Monday, October 31st, 2011
Blaze destroys Virgilina home Saturday morning
Gazette Virginian
According to Loftis, excessive heat in the wall behind the wood stove is believed to have caused the fire. The house is considered to be a total loss, he said. The local chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.


Blaze destroys Virgilina home Saturday morning – Gazette Virginian

Monday, October 31st, 2011
Blaze destroys Virgilina home Saturday morning
Gazette Virginian
According to Loftis, excessive heat in the wall behind the wood stove is believed to have caused the fire. The house is considered to be a total loss, he said. The local chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the family.


Wood stove linked to Meyers house fire – Tahoe Daily Tribune

Friday, October 28th, 2011
Wood stove linked to Meyers house fire
Tahoe Daily Tribune
Burning embers from an unattended wood stove are be lieved to be the cause of a house fire in Meyers Wednesday afternoon. Firefighters from the Lake Valley Fire Protection District and South Lake Tahoe Fire De partment responded to a house on the 1700