Archive for November, 2011

Couple escapes burning house – Hickory Daily Record

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Couple escapes burning house
Hickory Daily Record
Catawba County Fire Marshal Mark Pettit said it appears the fire started in the vicinity of a wood stove in the home. Family members said after Billy Winebarger got home from his doctor's appointment he went down to the basement and opened the door to


Burn ban begins Thursday in Pierce County – Enumclaw Courier-Herald

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Burn ban begins Thursday in Pierce County
Enumclaw Courier-Herald
The only exception is if a wood stove is a home's only adequate source of heat. Outdoor fires are also not allowed. This includes bonfires, campfires and the use of fire pits and chimineas. Burn ban violations are subject to a $1000 penalty.
Stage 1 burn ban called for Snohomish, Pierce counties Arlington Times
'Tis the season for burn bans KPLU News for Seattle and the Northwest

all 13 news articles »


Burn ban issued for Snohomish, Pierce counties – Northwest Cable News

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Burn ban issued for Snohomish, Pierce counties
Northwest Cable News
No burning is allowed in fireplaces or uncertified wood stoves. The only exception is if a wood stove is a home's only adequate source of heat. • No outdoor fires are allowed. This includes recreational fires such as bonfires and campfires,
Burn ban in effect for Pierce County Bonney Lake and Sumner Courier-Herald

all 5 news articles »


Stage 1 burn ban called for Snohomish, Pierce counties – Arlington Times

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Stage 1 burn ban called for Snohomish, Pierce counties
Arlington Times
The only exception is if a wood stove is a home's only adequate source of heat. No outdoor fires are allowed. This includes recreational fires such as bonfires, campfires and the use of fire pits and chimineas. Burn ban violations are subject to a

and more »


To Tax, Or Not To Tax: Business Groups Divided – KUOW NPR

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011

KUOW NPR
To Tax, Or Not To Tax: Business Groups Divided
KUOW NPR
Government Gets More Aggressive To Curtail Wood Stove Smoke: As winter sets in, people are firing up their wood stoves more frequently. As a result, the air in the Northwest is as dirty as it gets all year. Wood stoves are one of the biggest — if not


Faced with extreme poverty, harsh climate, Attawapiskat reserve cries out for help – Winnipeg Free Press

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Faced with extreme poverty, harsh climate, Attawapiskat reserve cries out for help
Winnipeg Free Press
The broiling cast-iron wood stove that takes up one corner of the room represents a burn hazard and eliminates the notion of the rambunctious play that is the norm for most young kids. Moving into the tent was Kiokee-Linklater's choice.

and more »


Fire damages Kremmling pellet plant – Sky Hi Daily News

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Fire damages Kremmling pellet plant
Sky Hi Daily News
This file photo shows bags of wood stove pellets stacked outside the Confluence Energy plant in Kremmling. A fire on Nov. 29 damaged the plant, which officials plan to reopen as soon as possible. KREMMLING — A fire at the Confluence Energy pellet


Firefighter injured in fire, structure was pressure cooker – Canada.com

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
Firefighter injured in fire, structure was pressure cooker
Canada.com
Firewood stacked too close to a wood stove is the suspected cause of a "pressure cooker" blaze that gutted a Hilchey Road home and sent a fire fighter to hospital Sunday night
Community rallies support for fire victims BCLocalNews

all 3 news articles »


Gov’t Gets More Aggressive To Curtail Wood Stove Smoke – OPB News

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Gov't Gets More Aggressive To Curtail Wood Stove Smoke
OPB News
The cold nights we've been having are leading people to fire up their wood stoves and fireplaces. This also means we're in the season of the dirtiest air of the year in the Northwest. Wood stoves are one of the biggest — if not the biggest

and more »


Faulty wood stove pipe causes fire in garage wall – Keokuk Gate City Daily

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Faulty wood stove pipe causes fire in garage wall
Keokuk Gate City Daily
The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty thimble pipe which allowed heat from a wood burning stove to ignite the wall board inside the garage. The property is insured. There were no injuries. Fire personnel also responded Monday to a burn