Archive for February, 2012

Firefighters eye woodstove, chimney as cause of Derry fire – The Union Leader

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
Firefighters eye woodstove, chimney as cause of Derry fire
The Union Leader
DERRY – A fire that appears to have started in the attic of a Derry home Wednesday night may be related to a wood stove or chimney, fire officials said. The occupant of the 3 Pingree Hill Rd. home reported the fire at 6:52 pm Firefighters arrived four


BUSINESS BEAT: Snowball Ventures strikes gold – Grand Forks Gazette

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
BUSINESS BEAT: Snowball Ventures strikes gold
Grand Forks Gazette
Snowball Ventures has received the Gold award for Fireplace/Wood Stove Dealer and a Bronze award for Furnace Sales & Service from the Kootenay Business Magazine's 2011 Best of Business awards. The awards are given to recipients based of reader surveys


Popular woodstove exchange program being offered again – Canada.com

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
Popular woodstove exchange program being offered again
Canada.com
Back by popular demand, Campbell River's Wood Stove Exchange Program encourages residents to upgrade older wood stoves to CSA/EPA-certified wood, pellet or gas heating appliances, with 40 rebates available from March 1 through April 30, 2012.


Want: Wood Stove By Wuehl Yanes – Babble (blog)

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012

Babble (blog)
Want: Wood Stove By Wuehl Yanes
Babble (blog)
I want this wood stove by Wuehl Yanes! He is a swiss designer from Lausanne, Switzerland. When he graduated at Ecal university of art and design, he created this little sculptural stove, that could fit into a room to bring back the cosy fire place


Stove fire destroys Elida home – LimaOhio.com

Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
Stove fire destroys Elida home
LimaOhio.com
One of the residents said the fire began in a wood stove. Allen County Auditor's records show the, 952-square-foot, one-story home was built in 1952 and is owned by Judith A. Goodman. In 1987, it was purchased for $40000.

and more »


Plainfield fire marshal warns of brush fires – Norwich Bulletin

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012
Plainfield fire marshal warns of brush fires
Norwich Bulletin
One of the most common causes of brush and grass fires this time of year is from people disposing of fireplace or wood stove ashes improperly. “Too often, people dump the ashes outside before they are cold,” Yellen said. “Or, they will take them from


Upgrade your woodstove and learn to burn correctly – Keremeos Review

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012

WPRO
Upgrade your woodstove and learn to burn correctly
Keremeos Review
By RDOS press release – Keremeos Review If you use an old wood burning stove or wood fireplace insert, here's a chance for you to upgrade to a cleaner burning unit and save some money while improving local air quality! From March through April 30,
Bill calls for more regulations on wood stoves WPRO

all 2 news articles »


UN-supported project brings Afghans one step closer to cleaner cooking stoves – UN News Centre

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012

UN News Centre
UN-supported project brings Afghans one step closer to cleaner cooking stoves
UN News Centre
Nations and its partners have teamed up with local villagers in Afghanistan to develop clean cooking stoves that could potentially save lives by improving indoor air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions and dependence on wood for fuel.

and more »


Bill calls for more regulations on wood stoves – WPRO

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012

WPRO
Bill calls for more regulations on wood stoves
WPRO
“What we are looking at is looking to have the stoves certified, there is an EPA certification on wood stoves build after 1990, so we are talking about wood stoves that are not less than 22 years old and only in areas that are heavily concentrated,”


Hayn resigns from Colchester finance board – Norwich Bulletin

Tuesday, February 28th, 2012
Hayn resigns from Colchester finance board
Norwich Bulletin
By RYAN BLESSING Bruce P. Hayn Sr., the Colchester contractor and business owner who is facing charges he set fire to his Norwich wood stove business, resigned today from the Colchester Board of Finance. He faces charges of attempted first-degree arson