Archive for November, 2012

Burn wood in your wood stoves – Glens Falls Post-Star

Friday, November 30th, 2012
Burn wood in your wood stoves
Glens Falls Post-Star
Q. With the advent of winter, many of us are thinking wood stoves. I recall reading some time ago that it was only acceptable to burn the black and white sections of the newspaper, leaving the comics and advertising inserts to be disposed of in another


Wood stove sparks Ontario Street fire – Buffalo News

Thursday, November 29th, 2012
Wood stove sparks Ontario Street fire
Buffalo News
An improperly working wood burning stove was the suspected cause of a fire at an occupied Ontario Street house late Wednesday night, city fire officials said. The fire was reported at about 10:38 p.m. at 156 Ontario, just west of Tonawanda Street. The


Clark County clean air agency is monitoring wood stove pollution, offering to … – OregonLive.com

Tuesday, November 27th, 2012

OregonLive.com
Clark County clean air agency is monitoring wood stove pollution, offering to
OregonLive.com
As winter approaches, people in Clark County are lighting fires to keep warm, often in wood stoves. Cozy though they are, wood stoves produce enough polluting smoke to account for 70 percent to 80 percent of the total air pollution in the county during
Clean air agency: Burn ban declared in Pierce County | Local & Regional KOMO News

all 7 news articles »


Firefighters knock down house fire in Rehoboth – Attleboro Sun Chronicle

Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Firefighters knock down house fire in Rehoboth
Attleboro Sun Chronicle
Rehoboth firefighters ventilate a house on Allens Lane where a woodstove is eyed as the cause of a fire Thursday afternoon. Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:33 pm | Updated: 5:29 pm, Thu Nov 8, 2012. Firefighters knock down house fire in Rehoboth

and more »


Wood smoke is new burning issue in Metro’s crosshairs – Maple Ridge News

Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Wood smoke is new burning issue in Metro's crosshairs
Maple Ridge News
"The options range from an outright ban in urban areas to things like ensuring wood stoves meet certain emissions standards or having burning limited to so many days per month," said Ray Robb, Metro's environmental regulation and enforcement division

and more »


Wood smoke is new burning issue in Metro’s crosshairs – Surrey Leader

Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Wood smoke is new burning issue in Metro's crosshairs
Surrey Leader
"The options range from an outright ban in urban areas to things like ensuring wood stoves meet certain emissions standards or having burning limited to so many days per month," said Ray Robb, Metro's environmental regulation and enforcement division

and more »


Fairbanks Borough to consider reworked version of wood stove program – Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Fairbanks Borough to consider reworked version of wood stove program
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
FAIRBANKS — The Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly will consider a yet-to-be-seen reworked version of the wood stove change-out program during its meeting tonight. The body is reconsidering how it will administer the program in the wake of the

and more »


Assembly to consider reworked version of wood stove program – Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Assembly to consider reworked version of wood stove program
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner
FAIRBANKS — The Fairbanks North Star Borough Assembly will consider a yet-to-be-seen reworked version of the wood stove change-out program during its meeting tonight. The body is reconsidering how it will administer the program in the wake of the


Pocomoke Man Arrested Following Fight with Another Man Over Wood Stove – WGMD Radio

Thursday, November 8th, 2012
Pocomoke Man Arrested Following Fight with Another Man Over Wood Stove
WGMD Radio
A 41-year-old Pocomoke City man is behind bars, being held in lieu of $25,000 bail for fighting with another main over a wood stove. The Worcester County Sheriff's Office says Shawn Marshall got into a verbal altercation with the victim and during the


Man killed in Monday fire identified – The Herald-Mail

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012
Man killed in Monday fire identified
The Herald-Mail
A Monday morning fire that killed a 42-year-old man in the mobile home where he resided near Sharpsburg was caused when a wood floor under a wood stove caught fire, a spokesman for the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said Wednesday night.
abc27 WHTMFire that killed Md. man ruled accidental abc27

all 5 news articles »