Archive for October, 2013

Wood Stove, Sump Pump, Copper Piping Stolen from Towamencin Home – Patch.com

Thursday, October 31st, 2013
Wood Stove, Sump Pump, Copper Piping Stolen from Towamencin Home
Patch.com
Police said copper piping, a sump pump and a wood stove valued at $1,600 was taken from the home between Oct. 25 and Oct. 28. Forced entry was made by breaking a ground level window pane, police said. Call the Towamencin Township Police 

and more »


Lighting wood stove with camping fuel backfires – Kitsap Sun

Thursday, October 31st, 2013
Lighting wood stove with camping fuel backfires
Kitsap Sun
Firefighters learned that the occupants had been trying to light their wood stove with camping fuel when the fire started. The woman tossed the burning container of fuel onto the front porch where the fire spread and fuel dripped underneath. The man


The Environmental Aspects of Owning a Wood Burning Stove – Greener Ideal

Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
The Environmental Aspects of Owning a Wood Burning Stove
Greener Ideal
It's not only the cost-saving aspect of wood burning stoves which are attracting more and more people to them but also the fact that they look fabulous and create an amazingly cosy feeling within a room. There's nothing quite like a stove in the heart


Woodstove ashes likely caused shed fire – Conway Daily Sun

Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
Woodstove ashes likely caused shed fire
Conway Daily Sun
"It was in an unattached woodshed that was maybe 12 feet by 12 feet in size with eight or nine cord of wood in it. It was a pretty close exposure problem with the house just a few feet way, but we saved the entire house, the guys did a great job. There


Fire investigator says wood stove embers caused Tualatin house fire – OregonLive.com

Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
Fire investigator says wood stove embers caused Tualatin house fire
OregonLive.com
A fire investigator said embers from a wood stove that landed on a roof Monday afternoon caused a house fire in Tualatin. Firefighters from Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue responded about 5:05 p.m. on Oct. 28 to a residence in the 11400 block of

and more »


NEW INFORMATION: Unattended wood stove likely started Eau Claire Co. fire – WEAU

Monday, October 28th, 2013

KARE
NEW INFORMATION: Unattended wood stove likely started Eau Claire Co. fire
WEAU
Firefighters told us Monday night it appears an unattended wood stove started the fire, but the owner of the home had just taken the honey from his bee hives in the garage. Crews say the large amount of wax burned so hot it spread the fire to the home.
Town of Seymour fire destroys three buildings Leader-Telegram

all 10 news articles »


Woodstove problems spark fire in Keokuk – Fort Madison Daily Democrat

Monday, October 28th, 2013
Woodstove problems spark fire in Keokuk
Fort Madison Daily Democrat
Woodstove problems spark fire in Keokuk By Cindy Iutzi dgciutzi@dailygate.com | 0 comments. A Keokuk family lost its home to fire Thursday after problems with a woodstove resulted in smoldering insulation that eluded detection. The fire department had 


Wood stove chimney sparked attic fire – Nanaimo News Bulletin

Monday, October 28th, 2013
Wood stove chimney sparked attic fire
Nanaimo News Bulletin
Dave Leigh, Nanaimo Fire Rescue fire prevention officer, said a fire in a wood stove chimney heated structural wood in the attic, catching it on fire. "It was a chimney fire, basically, that just exposed to the wood in the ceiling," Leigh said. The

and more »


Letter: Ban on wood stoves makes no sense in Montreal – Montreal Gazette

Monday, October 28th, 2013
Letter: Ban on wood stoves makes no sense in Montreal
Montreal Gazette
I would like to highlight my concern regarding Montreal's recent move to ban fireplaces and wood stoves by 2021. I am in support of doing what we can to improve air quality, but this does not pass the common-sense test. My most fundamental concern is


Wood stove starts fire that guts house – Franklin News Post

Monday, October 28th, 2013
Wood stove starts fire that guts house
Franklin News Post
The fire started just after midnight in a wood stove in the basement of the two-story structure at 52 Rocky Top Drive, according to Franklin County Fire Marshal Bennie Russell. The owners of the house were awakened by a noise and soon discovered heavy