Archive for September, 2014

Kittens thrown from vehicle in Joppa; wood stove stolen near Havre de Grace … – Baltimore Sun

Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Kittens thrown from vehicle in Joppa; wood stove stolen near Havre de Grace
Baltimore Sun
James Dwayne Oakley, 35, of the first block of Aberdeen Avenue who was being held at Harford County Detention Center, was arrested Friday on a bench warrant in a case in which he was charged with second-degree assault. Map Maps; Aberdeen, MD …


Gorham stove manufacturer adds more work – WCSH-TV

Monday, September 29th, 2014

WCSH-TV
Gorham stove manufacturer adds more work
WCSH-TV
Jotul North America makes and distributes one of the leading brands of wood and gas heating stoves, using cast iron parts that are manufactured by the company's home factory in Norway, Europe. More of that work is now being moved to Maine. The cast


Are Wood Burner Stoves Environmentally Friendly? – AZoCleantech

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Are Wood Burner Stoves Environmentally Friendly?
AZoCleantech
Wood has been used as fuel for centuries. In recent years, wood-burning stoves are making a comeback in many countries that experience extreme winters. The number of wood-burning stove models and manufacturers only prove that these appliances are …


Faulty stove pipe installation sparks West Paris blaze – WCSH-TV

Monday, September 22nd, 2014

WCSH-TV
Faulty stove pipe installation sparks West Paris blaze
WCSH-TV
(NEWS CENTER) — The West Paris Fire Department determined a fire that left 21 people homeless over the weekend was sparked by faulty installation of an outdoor wood pellet stove. As we head into colder weather, there's usually an increase in fires …
West Paris house fire displaced 21 residents Chron.com

all 18 news articles »


Elizabethtown house inhabitable after fire

Friday, September 19th, 2014

A firefighter said no flames were visible at that point. Essex County Emergency Services Director Don Jaquish said it appears the fire may have originated from the wood stove. Essex County Dispatch sent out a call for personnel trained in use of Scott …


Structure fire in Elizabethtown leaves home with substantial damage

Friday, September 19th, 2014

The fire was reported at around 10:30 a.m. Firefighters said the origin is believed to be a wood stove inside the structure, which is owned by Nancy and Richard Guttenberg. Essex County Emergency Services Coordinator Don Jaquish said a couple with children …


Elizabethtown inhabitable after fire

Friday, September 19th, 2014

A firefighter said no flames were visible at that point. Essex County Emergency Services Director Don Jaquish said it appears the fire may have originated from the wood stove. Essex County Dispatch sent out a call for personnel trained in use of Scott …


Program replaces old wood burning stoves – Herald & Review

Friday, September 19th, 2014
Program replaces old wood burning stoves
Herald & Review
DECATUR – After last winter, Gary Smith knew his 100-year-old wood stove wouldn't last another season. β€œIt was about burnt out,” the Stonington man said. But Smith is now heating his home with a new EPA-certified wood stove that was installed at


288 Robin Roost Road, Maggie Valley, NC 28751

Friday, September 19th, 2014

Beautiful custom cabinets, granite counter tops, & kitchen island, lots of cabinet space. Living room has a soapstone wood stove. Windows are energy efficient & has stunning molding/trim details. Beautiful wood work throughout home. Whole home generator.


House of the Week: Fall asleep to the sound of a gentle stream

Thursday, September 18th, 2014

That provides some storage space underneath the new floor. The room also has a wood stove. Garage: The two-car garage includes some workshop space and lofted storage area. Bedrooms: The home has a total of three bedrooms and two full bathrooms. The master …